Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Mon November 25, 2013
Hassan and Congressional Delegation Dedicate New Building At Pease
Governor Hassan and the state's congressional delegation arrived at Pease Air Force Base Monday morning to dedicate a new -- energy efficient - squadron operations building.
Last spring, the 157th Air Force Refueling Wing beat out 88 competitors for the first state-of-the-art KC-46A tanker.
At the ceremony Senator Kelly Ayotte praised the performance of the the Pease Refueling Wing:
I have to say one thing. When Sen Shaheen and I were making the case before the armed services committee, we didn’t make the case, you made the case, because on every single metric, you are the very best in the air force. And that’s why you’ve been awarded the KC 46.
Senators Ayotte and Shaheen serve on the senate's readiness subcommittee. Shaheen says the committee has identified Air Force refueling as a key military capability that distinguishes the U-S from the rest of the world.