Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Wed August 29, 2012
Hassan Picks Up Endorsement from Hodes
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan picked up the endorsement of Paul Hodes today.
The former two-term congressman told a small crowd of supporters in Concord that Maggie Hassan is the best choice for restoring New Hampshire values. Hodes says she’s the only candidate that can bring together Democrats, Independents and what he calls reasonable Republicans.
"New Hampshire’s live-and-let-live philosophy has been sorely tested by the radical right wing in this state," says Hodes. "I think Maggie will be able to stand up to those kinds of bullies and lead this state forward in the 21st century."
Hodes says that if elected, Hassan would follow in the moderate footsteps of Governor John Lynch.
Earlier this week, Democratic candidate Jackie Cilley picked up the endorsement of Andru Volinsky. He was lead attorney for the Claremont School district in their legal battle that reshaped education funding in the state.
The primary is September 11th.