Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Thu September 27, 2012
Hassan Proposes Revenue Consensus Panel
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan says she will create a panel of lawmakers, state agencies and economists to build consensus around budget numbers.
It would be called the Consensus Revenue Estimating Panel, Gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan told members of the Portsmouth Rotary Club on Thursday. During her lunchtime address at the Portsmouth Country Club, Hassan said the panel will help provide lawmakers with accurate budget numbers that they can agree on.
"As lawmakers, we can have differences, and we can have different priorities," Hassan said. "But we need to be using the same facts. That's an important way to break gridlock, so we can move the state forward."
Members of the Seacoast Financial services made a big showing at the Rotary Club event, where Hassan also emphasized her commitment to government transparency, and education funding, and infrastructure improvement.