Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Thu September 27, 2012
Hassan Proposes Revenue Consensus Panel
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan says she will create a panel of lawmakers, state agencies and economists to build consensus around budget numbers.
It would be called the Consensus Revenue Estimating Panel, Gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan told members of the Portsmouth Rotary Club on Thursday. During her lunchtime address at the Portsmouth Country Club, Hassan said the panel will help provide lawmakers with accurate budget numbers that they can agree on.
"As lawmakers, we can have differences, and we can have different priorities," Hassan said. "But we need to be using the same facts. That's an important way to break gridlock, so we can move the state forward."
Members of the Seacoast Financial services made a big showing at the Rotary Club event, where Hassan also emphasized her commitment to government transparency, and education funding, and infrastructure improvement.