Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon February 24, 2014
Hassan Says Medicaid Expansion Should Be Ready By July
Gov. Maggie Hassan says she expects those eligible for insurance under a Medicaid expansion plan backed by a bipartisan group of State Senators will be covered in July.
The plan to insure as many as 50,000 low income residents by using federal money to pay for private coverage cleared a key committee last week.
The plan is expected to win full approval by lawmakers, but those votes have yet to be scheduled.
Governor Hassan says she’s optimistic that will happen with enough time for the plan’s two-month enrollment period to begin May 1.
“I think that we are working to do this as expeditiously as we can and I would expect that the timelines that we have discussed are the ones we are all working towards.”
The federal government will also need to cooperate to make this happen. NH would need a special waiver to allow Medicaid funds to be used to purchase private insurance.