Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Northern Pass Gives $3 Million To Conservation Projects
Tue August 12, 2014
Hassan Signs Bills On Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking
New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is holding a bill-signing ceremony to formalize laws on domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual abuse prevention.
Hassan is signing bills establishing a crime of domestic violence in the state and protecting household animals from violence.
She's also signing bills relative to grounds for termination of parental rights; on a commission to study sexual abuse prevention education in elementary and secondary schools; and on protecting juveniles from being prosecuted for being forced to perform illegal acts.