Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- NPR's Clock Changes: Morning Edition's New Sound Means More New Hampshire News
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
Tue August 12, 2014
Hassan Signs Bills On Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking
New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is holding a bill-signing ceremony to formalize laws on domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual abuse prevention.
Hassan is signing bills establishing a crime of domestic violence in the state and protecting household animals from violence.
She's also signing bills relative to grounds for termination of parental rights; on a commission to study sexual abuse prevention education in elementary and secondary schools; and on protecting juveniles from being prosecuted for being forced to perform illegal acts.