Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
Tue August 12, 2014
Hassan Signs Bills On Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking
New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is holding a bill-signing ceremony to formalize laws on domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual abuse prevention.
Hassan is signing bills establishing a crime of domestic violence in the state and protecting household animals from violence.
She's also signing bills relative to grounds for termination of parental rights; on a commission to study sexual abuse prevention education in elementary and secondary schools; and on protecting juveniles from being prosecuted for being forced to perform illegal acts.