Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth
Tue October 30, 2012
The History Of Freak Storms
In the lead up to last night’s powerful landfall in Southern New Jersey, Hurricane Sandy was branded as a so-called “franken-storm”, lacking precedent among meteorological records… here to explain more, and look back at some of history’s strangest and most destructive storms is Christopher Burt. He’s a weather historian with the online service Weather Underground, and author of the book Extreme Weather.