Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Tue October 30, 2012
The History Of Freak Storms
In the lead up to last night’s powerful landfall in Southern New Jersey, Hurricane Sandy was branded as a so-called “franken-storm”, lacking precedent among meteorological records… here to explain more, and look back at some of history’s strangest and most destructive storms is Christopher Burt. He’s a weather historian with the online service Weather Underground, and author of the book Extreme Weather.