Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed April 16, 2014
Hoax Bomb Detonated At Boston Finish Line, Suspect In Custody
Police say a man taken into custody near the Boston Marathon finish line had a rice cooker in his backpack and is being charged with possession of a hoax device.
Police Superintendent Randall Halstead says the man was stopped Tuesday by an officer who saw him acting suspiciously. He says the man dropped the backpack.
Halstead says the man also faces charges of disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct.
The backpack was blown up by the bomb squad as a precaution as was a second unattended backpack found nearby. Halstead won't say what was in the second backpack or who owned it. He says police are investigating.
The backpacks rattled nerves on the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing, which two pressure cooker bombs in backpacks killed three people.
Word of Mouth