Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu March 22, 2012
Hollywood, Hunger Games, and How Small Screens Survive
Hollywood is dominated at the moment by the upcoming release of The Hunger Games, the first film adaptation of a phenomenally successful series of young adult novels set in a dystopian, divided America, where teenagers from different regions are pitted against each other for survival.
The film's opening is shaping up to be the biggest movie event of the year, which got us wondering how smaller theaters figure in an industry that relies on big sales and bigger hype. Garen Daly, WoM's go-to film consultant, fills us in.