Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed June 13, 2012
As Home-As-B&B Service Grows, So Does Controversy
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 7:32 pm
The online service for short-term rentals in private homes known as Airbnb got a boost when it was featured at the recent Apple conference. But the company has also drawn in attention in cities like San Francisco, where legal concerns over everything from liability and safety to upset landlords have led to scrutiny. Audie Cornish speaks with Fast Company reporter Austin Carr about what Airbnb is up against.