Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Thu October 17, 2013
Home Sales Up In New Hampshire This Year
Home sales are up in New Hampshire.
The New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority says sales increased 12.4 percent and foreclosures went down more than 26 percent in the first eight months of 2013, compared to the same period a year ago.
Home prices are also up 9.7 percent from last year. Nearly 1,700 homes were sold in August — the highest August sales since 2005.
The authority is holding its annual economic and housing market update conference Thursday in Manchester.