Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Thu October 17, 2013
Home Sales Up In New Hampshire This Year
Home sales are up in New Hampshire.
The New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority says sales increased 12.4 percent and foreclosures went down more than 26 percent in the first eight months of 2013, compared to the same period a year ago.
Home prices are also up 9.7 percent from last year. Nearly 1,700 homes were sold in August — the highest August sales since 2005.
The authority is holding its annual economic and housing market update conference Thursday in Manchester.