Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth - Segment
Thu February 9, 2012
Honey, Please Pay Attention
Maintaining a healthy and happy relationship is challenging for any couple…perhaps more so when one, or both, partners suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder? ADHD is an increasingly common diagnosis among school age children and can be tricky to identify in previously undiagnosed adults. Symptoms are often similar to those of depression, anxiety, and even bipolar disorder.
Relationship expert Melissa Orlov faced her own challenges with ADHD, not because she has it, but because of her husband’s diagnosis. After five years of study, she chronicled the strains and strategies of couples dealing with the disorder in a book called “The ADHD Effect on Marriage.”