Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Around the Nation
Thu May 1, 2014
Hoppertunity To Run In Kentucky Derby
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
The Kentucky Derby comes Saturday, and the announcer almost had a problem. Trainer Bob Baffert could have had a nameless horse. He hated the horse's name, Anyway U Way. You can't run a nameless horse in the Derby. Just imagine that announcer: And down the stretch they come, in the lead is - luckily, the trainer knew the Hoppers, a couple trying to have a baby. To encourage them, he named the horse Hoppertunity.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.