Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Around the Nation
Thu May 1, 2014
Hoppertunity To Run In Kentucky Derby
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
The Kentucky Derby comes Saturday, and the announcer almost had a problem. Trainer Bob Baffert could have had a nameless horse. He hated the horse's name, Anyway U Way. You can't run a nameless horse in the Derby. Just imagine that announcer: And down the stretch they come, in the lead is - luckily, the trainer knew the Hoppers, a couple trying to have a baby. To encourage them, he named the horse Hoppertunity.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.