Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Sat December 28, 2013
Horse-Drawn Sleigh Carrying Tourists Flips
A horse-drawn sleigh carrying tourists in the North Country flipped over Saturday afternoon, sending four people to the hospital with minor injuries.
The accident happened on a trail near the Omni Mount Washington Hotel says, Todd Bailey, a captain with the Twin Mountain Fire Department.
“The horse was spooked, apparently, and the carriage flipped over, ejecting several passengers,” he said.
Five passengers were thrown from the sleigh and four were taken to Littleton Regional Healthcare with what Bailey described as injuries that were not life threatening.
A hospital spokeswoman couldn’t be reached for comment.
Bailey said after the passengers were thrown the horse raced off, pulling the sleigh.
At the site of the accident hats and coats were strewn in the snow along with one seat from the sleigh.
The sleigh rides are offered through the Omni Mount Washington Hotel. The operator couldn’t be reached for comment.