Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Sat December 28, 2013
Horse-Drawn Sleigh Carrying Tourists Flips
A horse-drawn sleigh carrying tourists in the North Country flipped over Saturday afternoon, sending four people to the hospital with minor injuries.
The accident happened on a trail near the Omni Mount Washington Hotel says, Todd Bailey, a captain with the Twin Mountain Fire Department.
“The horse was spooked, apparently, and the carriage flipped over, ejecting several passengers,” he said.
Five passengers were thrown from the sleigh and four were taken to Littleton Regional Healthcare with what Bailey described as injuries that were not life threatening.
A hospital spokeswoman couldn’t be reached for comment.
Bailey said after the passengers were thrown the horse raced off, pulling the sleigh.
At the site of the accident hats and coats were strewn in the snow along with one seat from the sleigh.
The sleigh rides are offered through the Omni Mount Washington Hotel. The operator couldn’t be reached for comment.