Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed May 22, 2013
Hospital Costs Get An X-Ray
A recent national study of how much hospitals charge Medicare showed giant disparities among different facilities, even for the same procedures and within the same city! The research comes as policymakers intensify their focus on costs. We’ll explore why these huge variations exist, and efforts to reduce the price tag at hospitals in the Granite State.
Michael Green – President and CEO of Concord Hospital
Ned Helms –Director of the New Hampshire Institute for Health Policy and Practice at UNH
Dr. Jim Weinstein – President and CEO of the Dartmouth Hitchcock health system and contributor to the Dartmouth Atlas project for twenty years.