Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed May 22, 2013
Hospital Costs Get An X-Ray
A recent national study of how much hospitals charge Medicare showed giant disparities among different facilities, even for the same procedures and within the same city! The research comes as policymakers intensify their focus on costs. We’ll explore why these huge variations exist, and efforts to reduce the price tag at hospitals in the Granite State.
Michael Green – President and CEO of Concord Hospital
Ned Helms –Director of the New Hampshire Institute for Health Policy and Practice at UNH
Dr. Jim Weinstein – President and CEO of the Dartmouth Hitchcock health system and contributor to the Dartmouth Atlas project for twenty years.