Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed March 19, 2014
House Kills Under-18 Tanning Ban
The bill was endorsed by its house committee as a way to protect the minors from skin damage that could contribute to cancer, but on the house floor it provoked a heated debate over parental rights and the proper role of government. Steve Vaillancourt is a Republican from Manchester.
"A young women if this bill passes can get an abortion, but not a tan, an abortion would be legal but a tan would not, think of it."
Moments later the House voted 175-154 to both kill the bill and bar the issue from coming up again this year.
Right now, anyone under 18 needs a parent's permission to use a tanning booth.
Anyone under 14 needs a doctor's order.
Shots - Health Blog