Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu June 20, 2013
House, Senate Budget Proposal Includes Medicaid Expansion Study
House and Senate negotiators have come to an agreement on a proposed two-year budget.
The budget plan approved by a Committee of Conference establishes a study commission that will report back on Medicaid expansion by Oct. 15.
The proposal also includes funding for a new women’s prison.
Lawmakers met late into the early hours this morning negotiating the terms of the budget.
The committee reconvened at noon today to approve the deal.
Both chambers will take full votes on the spending proposal next week.
Governor Maggie Hassan applauded the budget proposal, saying it retains important aspects such as increased funding for higher education and mental health programs.