Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri March 14, 2014
Housing Discrimination Bill Narrowly Passes House
This week, the New Hampshire House narrowly passed a bill that would prohibit landlords from discriminating against renters with Section 8 vouchers and victims of domestic violence.
After the House initially tabled the bill last week, lawmakers amended it to more tightly define victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. They now must have a current, final protective order.
The bill goes to the Senate next where it faces a tougher debate.