Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed September 26, 2012
How an Artist Made a Community
This Friday, a new documentary will premiere in New Hampshire’s White Mountains. See What’s Whispered tells the story of artist David Baker. Baker came to the town of Jackson in 1946. He went on to make his name locally with a roadside gallery and studio on route 16 that he continued working in until the 1990s. Film maker Judy Faust says he became well known well beyond the Mt. Washington Valley not only for his work, but for the way he and his wife welcomed all.
You can see her documentary See What’s Whispered, the Legacy of Artist David C Baker Friday September 28th at the Whitney Community Center in Jackson Village. You’ll find more information on David Baker and the film here.