On today's show:
- Civics 101: How a Bill Becomes a Law . You can learn more at: govtrack.us
- Lyndsey D'Arcangelo is a freelance writer who dug into Why Women's Basketball Fans Aren't Following Their Players To The Pros for Deadspin.
- Uncivil Women: He was a "delicate looking" first sergeant, yet he led other soldiers at Minnesota's Fort Snelling during the U.S. Civil War. It turns out "he" was Mary McDonald, one of many women who served undercover in war. So did Frances Clayton (pictured) who fought next to her husband in battle. KFAI's Britt Aamodt reports. Listen again at prx.org.
- Kathryn Schulz wrote about the renewed interest in The Many Lives of Pauli Murray for the New Yorker.
- Artist Matt Patterson Goes in Search of a Turtle Muse