Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
All Things Considered
Tue July 2, 2013
How Do You Coax A Moose Out Of A City? Slowly And Carefully
Seeing a moose in New Hampshire isn’t supposed to be news – unless the moose is in a more developed area, like the south end of Concord… and the person seeing it is a public radio host.
That’s right. On Saturday morning All Things Considered host Brady Carlson found a moose in his yard. Twice. The moose even sat down for a rest at one point, though, thankfully, he avoided the Carlsons' vegetable garden.
Officials from New Hampshire Fish and Game worked with police to eventually get this moose and another in the area back into the woods. One of the officials was Mark Ellingwood, Fish and Game’s Wildlife Division Chief. He explains how the moose likely found their way to the city - and how Fish and Game helps them find their way back to the woods.