Nine of 14 North Country representatives voted Wednesday to kill a bill that would have required criminal background checks on all commercial firearm sales.
All but one were Republicans.
Five Democrats opposed killing the measure.
North Country representatives voting to kill the bill were:
* Brad Bailey, Republican, of Monroe
* John Fothergill, Republican, of Colebrook
* Edmond Gionet, Republican, of Lincoln
* Erin Hennessey, Republican, of Littleton
* Larry Rappaport, Republican, of Colebrook
* Herb Richardson, Republican, of Lancaster
* Leon Rideout, Republican, Lancaster
* Robert Theberge, Democrat, of Berlin
* John Tholl, Republican, Whitefield
North Country representatives voting not to kill the bill:
* Susan Ford, Democrat, of Easton
* Alethea Froburg, Democrat, of Berlin
* William Hatch, Democrat, of Gorham
* Linda Massimilla, Democrat, of Littleton
* Wayne Moynihan, Democrat, of Dummer
Reps excused from voting:
* Rebecca Brown, Democrat, of Sugar Hill
* Yvonne Thomas, Democrat, of Berlin
To see how legislators voted on other bills go here.