Nine of the 13 North Country representatives voted to kill a bill that would be taken tax dollars away from Planned Parenthood.
As NHPR reported House Bill 677 would have stopped sending tax dollars to the organization. It’s already illegal in the state to use public funds for abortions, but some lawmakers still believe that’s how the money is being spent.
The House Judiciary Committee had recommended the bill not be passed and the House agreed on a 216 – 142 vote.
North Country legislators who voted to kill the bill were:
* Brad Bailey, Republican, Monroe
* Rebecca Brown, Democrat, Sugar Hill
* Edmond Gionet, Republican, Lincoln
* Erin Hennessey, Republican, Littleton
* Wayne Moynihan, Democrat, Dummer
* Robert Theberge, Democrat, Berlin
* John Tholl, Republican, Whitefield
* Yvonne Thomas, Democrat, Berlin
* Susan Ford, Democrat, Easton
North Country legislators who voted against killing the bill were:
* John Fothergill, Republican, Colebrook
* Larry Rappaport, Republican, Colebrook
* Herb Richardson, Republican, Lancaster
* Leon Rideout, Republican, Lancaster
North Country legislators who were excused from voting:
* Alethea Froburg, Democrat, Berlin
* William Hatch, Democrat, Gorham
* Linda Massimilla, Democrat, Littleton
To see how legislators voted on other issues go here…