Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- How Low Are Market Basket Prices, Really?
- Attorneys General To Market Basket Leadership: Be Mindful Of State Employment Laws
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
All Things Considered
Wed July 11, 2012
How Welfare Benefits Work in New Hampshire
At the end of May, convenience store clerk Jackie Whiton took a public stand against the unrestricted use of public assistance cash-benefits by refusing to sell cigarettes to a customer using an EBT card. Last week, House Speaker William O’Brien took up the cause. We want to know – how big a problem is this?
Reporter Emily Corwin of StateImpact New Hampshire has been writing about these issues. She talks with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about how welfare works in New Hampshire. Read her blogpost.