Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Tue September 11, 2012
Hunger At The Smith Camp
It's not exactly a rambunctious crowd here at the Derryfield in Manchester. Folks are just eating, talking or checking their phones for the latest poll numbers. Smith himself hasn't shown up yet and there hasn't been any spontaneous cheering or chanting.
Supporters don't seem anxious so much as resigned - but they're still hopeful. They're also hungry, and not just for the food - there has been a real lack of polling updates. Those with smartphones are making good use of them, but several supporters are turning to members of the press for the latest numbers.