Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Tue September 11, 2012
Hunger At The Smith Camp
It's not exactly a rambunctious crowd here at the Derryfield in Manchester. Folks are just eating, talking or checking their phones for the latest poll numbers. Smith himself hasn't shown up yet and there hasn't been any spontaneous cheering or chanting.
Supporters don't seem anxious so much as resigned - but they're still hopeful. They're also hungry, and not just for the food - there has been a real lack of polling updates. Those with smartphones are making good use of them, but several supporters are turning to members of the press for the latest numbers.