Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Tue August 28, 2012
Hunt For Lion Outside London Called Off
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. British authorities have called off the lion hunt. In a county outside of London residents insisted they'd spotted a lion on the loose. One couple in Essex even took a fuzzy photo of it. Police took the reports seriously and even sent two helicopters to aid in the hunt. But local zoos report no big cats missing, no cats were found and authorities now suspect that this was a tall tale rather than a lion's tail, sort of a Loch Ness lion. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.