Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Mon October 29, 2012
Hurricane Sandy Causes 129 Road Closures
As of 7pm Monday night, parts of 129 municipal roads and 19 state roads are closed due to fallen trees and other obstructions. The closures run from the Lakes Region, South.
Jim VanDongen at the Office of Emergency Management says Granite Staters should be aware of potential road closures in the morning:
This is going to continue all night and people just need to be aware there’s a possibility that roads will be closed and obviously they will be blocked with barricades and that sort of thing.
Vandongen says if it is safe, local public works crews will be clearing roads of fallen trees and other obstructions throughout the night. In many cases, however, obstructions may be left until morning.
Around the Nation