Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Here's What's Awesome
Fri January 21, 2011
Hypnotic: Tiny Water Droplet Bouncing in Slow Motion
Ever seen a little bit of water sizzle around a hot pan? That's what's going on in this video, only at 3000 frames per second it looks more gorgeous than sizzly. Any slower and it would look like Rover, the nefarious weather balloon from TV's "The Prisoner."
By the way, the technical term for what we're seeing here is Leidenfrost effect, but "sizzly" works for my purposes. [Popular Science]
As always, we hope you'll skitter over to our comment section and share an awesome link or two.