Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Fri November 18, 2011
Illegal Workers; an ICE Agent's View
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, is the investigative arm of the US Department of Homeland Security. The purpose of ICE is to enforce federal laws governing border control, customs, trade and immigration. As part of that mission, the agency conducts crackdowns on businesses who hire illegal workers. In the past two years, the agency has made a shift in its actions, directing more resources on identifying and fining employers rather than large scale raids on employees.
Bruce Foucart is Special Agent in Charge in the Boston office of ICE. He oversees actions around New England, and explains how a crackdown starts.