Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Around the Nation
Thu August 30, 2012
Isaac Punishes Miss. Coast For Days
Originally published on Thu August 30, 2012 6:21 am
Isaac's lashing of the Mississippi coast has been relentless. For more than 36 hours, the storm sent wave after wave of driving rain and tropical storm force winds ashore, and spawned tornadoes. Flooding inland is widespread because of the more than 10 inches of rain dumped on the region.