Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon May 29, 2006
It's Tourist Season in N.H.
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer.
And across the state, resorts, hotels, and other tourist attractions are taking care of last minute primping before the onslaught of summer season.
One of those attractions is of course, Hampton Beach on the Seacoast.
On Friday, road crews were still painting lines on a section of Route 1A, that goes along the beach.
But ready or not, the tourists came, as they always do, to enjoy the beaches and the boardwalk, to lie in the warm sun and play in the sand.
Some were even hearty enough to brave the brisk Atlantic, with temperatures in the 50s.
Freelance Producer Cheryl Senter visited Hampton Beach over the weekend and sent us this audio postcard.