Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Around the Nation
Mon October 1, 2012
Jack White Disappointed In Fans' Energy Level
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with news of Jack White. The musician once of the White Stripes was playing Saturday in New York and enraged fans by storming offstage after less than an hour. Mr. White seemed to blame the fans themselves. He complained of their energy level, barking out during the performance: Is this an NPR convention? We'll take that as a compliment. Rolling Stone says the crowd was actually so loud that White also complained he could not hear himself think. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.