Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Thu November 3, 2011
Job Fair For Berlin Biomass Plant But There Is A Catch
The Berlin Daily Sun is reporting there will be a job fair in Berlin next Thursday (Nov. 10th) for the new biomass plant but the construction workers must either be union members or agree to temporarily pay union dues.
“The job fair is being held by the New Hampshire Building Trades Council which will be providing union workers for the construction of the facility,” the newspaper reported.
“Mayor Paul Grenier, who is facilitating the job fair, explained that the general contractor on the project, Babcock and Wilcox, has signed a project labor agreement with NH. Building Trades Council. The agreement requires the contractor and subcontractors to use the NHBTC to hire workers for the project.”
The newspaper quoted Cate Street Capital spokesman Scott Tranchemontagne as saying “It is a union job.”
The meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall auditorium.
To see the article go here: http://www.berlindailysun.com/featured/story/job-fair-aims-recruit-biomass-project