Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Fri March 8, 2013
Joss Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing' Gets A Snazzy Teaser Trailer
Originally published on Fri March 8, 2013 11:47 am
Here's how I started my review of Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing, which I saw at the Toronto International Film Festival in September: "It's my position that there are films in the world the highest and greatest purpose of which is to be delightful."
Whedon's (yes) delightful adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing is scheduled for a limited release in the United States in June, and it finally has a trailer for you to look at. The only slight caveat I'd offer is that something about the composition of the trailer (maybe the jazzy music?) makes the movie look a bit slicker than it is — it is less slick than that in the best way. It looks almost like there's a hint of Baz Luhrmann from this presentation, and while I love a hint of Baz Luhrmann in a Baz Luhrmann movie, this isn't that. It's very simply done, it bears the marks of a lovingly crafted, not excessively fussed-over process, and you should absolutely, positively carve out a moment to see it when it finally arrives.