A judge has denied Nathaniel Kibby's request to postpone his June trial date. Kibby faces more than 180 charges for allegedly kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old Conway girl in 2014.
Earlier this week Kibby’s lawyers told the presiding judge they needed more time to sift through the 43,000 pages of documents involved in the case.
But Judge Larry Smukler on Friday said the defense team has had more than enough time to prepare – adding that he already pushed the trial date back from March.
Prosecutors say Kibby kidnapped the Conway teen on her way home from school and held her for nearly ten months in a storage unit on his property in Gorham.
Kibby has been in jail since July of 2014. Jury selection is scheduled for June 20th.