Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Thu March 27, 2014
Jury Deliberating In Dartmouth Rape Trial
A jury is deliberating the case of a former Dartmouth College student accused of raping a female student inside her dorm room.
Last May, Hanover police arrested then-20-year-old Parker Gilbert, a freshman from London, on multiple counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault. The arrest followed a complaint from a female student who said she was attacked after Gilbert entered her unlocked dorm room.
Parker pleaded not guilty and the defense argued the sexual encounter was consensual. A judge dropped two of the charges this week.
The trial started March 17.