Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Thu March 27, 2014
Jury Deliberating In Dartmouth Rape Trial
A jury is deliberating the case of a former Dartmouth College student accused of raping a female student inside her dorm room.
Last May, Hanover police arrested then-20-year-old Parker Gilbert, a freshman from London, on multiple counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault. The arrest followed a complaint from a female student who said she was attacked after Gilbert entered her unlocked dorm room.
Parker pleaded not guilty and the defense argued the sexual encounter was consensual. A judge dropped two of the charges this week.
The trial started March 17.