Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Mon October 21, 2013
Keene's 30,581 Lit Jack-O-Lanterns Marks New Guinness World Record
Organizers says a pumpkin festival in Keene has broken a world record for having the most carved and lit jack-o-lanterns in one place.
Organizers tell WMUR-TV 30,581 pumpkins were lit at the same time on Saturday night, breaking a record set by Boston in 2006.
A competing contest in a Chicago suburb was also attempting to set a record on Saturday, but organizers there didn't return calls to the station.