Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri August 2, 2013
Kevin Smith Will Be Londonderry's Next Town Manager
Londonderry town officials announced Thursday evening that former Gubernatorial candidate, Kevin Smith, will be their new town manager.
Last September, the bright-eyed young candidate for Governor lost the Republican Primary to Ovide Lamontagne. He had 30 percent of the vote. But, Kevin Smith says, he’s done with politics – for now.
If I have plans to run for anything I don’t see it in the foreseeable future. I’m still a relatively young guy at 35, but at least in the near term I don’t have any plans for office.
Smith says he’s eager to oversee two big development projects getting underway in Londonderry. One is the industrial commercial project on Pettingill Road near the Manchester airport. The other is a billion dollar private residential development called Woodmont Commons.
These are two very large parcels of land that are going to have a lot of attention and are really going to change the landscape not only in Londonderry, but also in the state.
Before working in state politics, Smith was the Deputy Director of the state’s Juvenile Justice Division.