Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Thu June 28, 2012
Knotty Problem Solved: Knitters Won't Call Their Games The 'Ravelympics'
Those knitters we told you about who had been asked to "cease and desist" by the U.S. Olympics Committee because they were planning a "Ravelympics" have opted to give the slip to any legal issues.
They're going to call their competitions "The Ravellenic Games," The Oregonian reports.
The new name was among several suggestions considered by members of the knitting social networking site Ravelry.com, including:
-- Pan-Ravelry Games.
-- Ravelry Challenge.