Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri July 18, 2014
Sony Forgets To Renew Games Domain Name
Originally published on Fri July 18, 2014 8:00 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And now to today's last word in Business, which is shutdown.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
That's what happened to Sony's popular online gaming service Tuesday morning after the company forgot to renew a key domain name.
GREENE: This domain name was for the site www.sonyonline.net. The lapse temporarily knocked out online games like "EverQuest" and "Landmark."
INSKEEP: OK, so how did they forget? Well, Sony says it's possible that expiration notices were sent to the wrong email.
GREENE: And when explaining the error on Twitter, the president of Sony Online Entertainment said, and we are quoting here...
GREENE: Nice. That's the...
INSKEEP: That's the whole thing.
GREENE: That's the quote. That's the end of it.
INSKEEP: That's a good corporate speech, I think...
GREENE: If only quotes were always that short. That's the Business News from NPR News, I'm David Greene.
INSKEEP: I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.