Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Mon May 21, 2012
Latex Manufacturing To Resume in North Country
In some good news for the North Country an old family business is coming back to life. NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports.
Starting in 1931 Neil Tillotson made his fortune manufacturing natural latex products including balloons and later gloves.
That allowed him to purchase the Balsams Grand Resort.
Tillotson died in 2001 and a latex plant located near the resort closed in 2010.
But Tillotson’s son, Rick, purchased the equipment and recently bought a 103,000 square foot building in Colebrook.
He plans to use part of it to make latex products there and hopes to open later this year.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen