Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Fri November 29, 2013
At Least 8 N.H. Ski Areas Open This Weekend
According to SkiNH.com, a total of 8 ski areas will be open to the public this weekend.
It is opening weekend for New Hampshire’s Pat’s Peak, Ragged Mountain, Mount Sunapee and Cannon Mountain. When NHPR caught up with Mount Sunapee’s Marketing Director Bruce McCloy, he had his ski boots on, and was headed for the trails himself:
We’re excited to be open this early, we’ve had a really good run of cold weather, we’ve invested a lot of money in energy efficient snow making guns over the last four or five years that has helped us make a lot more snow in early season snow making temperatures.
McCloy says this is the most terrain Mount Sunapee has had open on Thanksgiving weekend in a long time.
Next weekend should see opening days for both McIntyre and Gunstock ski areas.