Most Active Stories
- 'Archer' And The Loud Comfort Of Rhythm
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
- Beleaguered Rehab Company Quietly Sells Most Of Its N.H. Programs
- Push For O'Brien As Majority Leader Rejected; O'Brien To Form Alternative GOP Leadership Team
Sat July 26, 2014
Lebanon N.H. Named A 'Top 10 Small Town'
Lebanon has been named a "Top 10 Small Town" by a website that looks at small- and mid-sized communities.
Editors at Livability.com looked at cities with populations under 20,000, then examined statistics such as cost of living, health care spending, racial and socioeconomic diversity, crime, and others. They also looked at visitors' comments and what residents liked about living there.
Lebanon was No. 3 on the annual list, behind Los Alamos, New Mexico, and Northfield, Minnesota.
The editors said Lebanon offers "a bucolic escape" with concerts, farmers markets, live performances at the Lebanon Opera House and several area festivals. In the winter, it offers activities such as cross-country skiing, sledding and downhill skiing.