Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri December 7, 2012
Lianne La Havas On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon January 7, 2013 5:33 pm
Lianne La Havas has toured with Bon Iver, sung with Willy Mason and recorded her debut album with producer Matt Hales, better known as Aqualung. More than most, she can attest to the benefits of knowing the right people, but La Havas also has heaps of talent on her side. Her debut album — Is Your Love Big Enough? — is full of soulful, folk-tinged songs that are cleverly crafted and undeniably catchy.
La Havas' voice practically leaps from the speakers, and her guitar playing — never overly flashy and always tastefully arranged — is all the more impressive for the fact that she only started playing a few months before recording the album. On this edition of World Cafe, she plays several songs from Is Your Love Big Enough? and talks with host David Dye about the chance encounters that have shaped her career.
This World Cafe session originally aired Dec. 7, 2012.