Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue April 1, 2014
List Of Candidates Grows To Replace Suspended Rockingham County Attorney
Joe Plaia -- a former Marine MP and public defender and current chief hearings officer for the New Hampshire Liquor Commission -- will run again for the position of Rockingham County Attorney. Plaia is the first Democrat in this majority-Republican county to seek the seat of suspended Attorney, Jim Reams.
Plaia says the Rockingham County Attorney's Office needs to be modernized. "There's a lot we can do to save taxpayer dollars," Plaia says, "there's a lot we can do to reduce recidivism."
So far, a handful of candidates have thrown their hats in the ring, including Patricia Conway, an Assistant County Attorney in Rockingham. The candidates are seeking to replace Jim Reams, who is accused of repeated acts of sexual discrimination, as well as misuse of federal and county funds.
Reams has said he won’t seek reelection, but he has challenged his suspension. A hearing on that is scheduled for April 7.