Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Sun February 12, 2012
Live-Blogging The Grammy Awards
Originally published on Mon February 13, 2012 10:24 am
Tonight at 7:45 p.m., I'll be joined by Stephen Thompson of NPR Music, where we will live-blog the Grammy Awards.
The facts are these: Undoubtedly, the death of Whitney Houston yesterday will be much on the minds of those in attendance, and reports are that Jennifer Hudson will be performing a tribute. There are also numerous other artists to be remembered, including but not limited to Etta James, Don Cornelius and Amy Winehouse. At the same time, it will be (as it always is) a collection of performances both excellent and less so, and an opportunity to note how strange the Grammys are, which — let's face it — is and always has been the best reason to watch. Among other things, it will be Adele's first major appearance since she had surgery on her vocal cords a while back, and we're always happy to see Adele.
It's likely to be an unusual evening, mood-wise, but come and see us, by all means, and we'll hang out and watch it together.