Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Wed August 1, 2012
London Mayor Can't Fall Down - Boris Johnson Gets Stuck On A Zipline
The lively, boisterous mayor of London has a new accomplishment: he's the first person to get stuck on a zipline today across London's Victoria Park.
According to ITV news, Johnson was heard hollering, "Get me a rope, get me a ladder" as he dangled above the ground in his suit and blue helmet. He clutched two British flags as he was finally pulled to safety by ground teams.
The park is hosting some 50,000 fans who are watching Olympic events on big screens, notes the East London Advertiser, while others try their hand at sports like fencing and badminton. But the event's main organizer remarked there was trouble getting the zipline to work. Guess they're still having trouble.