Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed August 1, 2012
London Mayor Can't Fall Down - Boris Johnson Gets Stuck On A Zipline
The lively, boisterous mayor of London has a new accomplishment: he's the first person to get stuck on a zipline today across London's Victoria Park.
According to ITV news, Johnson was heard hollering, "Get me a rope, get me a ladder" as he dangled above the ground in his suit and blue helmet. He clutched two British flags as he was finally pulled to safety by ground teams.
The park is hosting some 50,000 fans who are watching Olympic events on big screens, notes the East London Advertiser, while others try their hand at sports like fencing and badminton. But the event's main organizer remarked there was trouble getting the zipline to work. Guess they're still having trouble.