Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Around the Nation
Tue May 6, 2014
Lost Dog Reunited With New Jersey Family
Originally published on Tue May 6, 2014 10:34 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
There comes a moment after the loss of a beloved pet when a family just has to move on. The James family, of Keansburg, New Jersey, reached that point after searching for months for their dog, Reckless, lost during Superstorm Sandy. Last week, they went to a shelter to adopt a new dog only to find in the very first cage, Reckless. Now reunited, mom, dad, kids and dog went on a camping trip to celebrate.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.