Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue October 9, 2012
Lynch Endorses Hassan
Former state senator Maggie Hassan has worked hard to cast herself as a politician in the mode of Governor John Lynch – moderate, popular, and willing to work across party lines. Speaking before a crowd of more than 150 people in Concord, the Governor urged a supportive crowd to believe her.
“If we want to continue what we started 8 years ago: bipartisan leadership that is making progress on the issues, that matter most to the people of NH then we need to elect Maggie Hassan as the next governor of the state of N.H.”
Hassan, meanwhile, warned the crowd of what she sees as the peril of electing Republican Ovide Lamontagne – republicans in Concord unchecked.
“We can continue to bring people together and moving the state forward, or we can go in the direction of speaker Bill O’Brien and the current legislature when the needs of middle class families take a back seat to an extreme social agenda. “
Ovide Lamontage is a social conservative who favors limiting abortion, repealing gay marriage and allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons without permits. He’s also pledged to fight efforts to raise any tax or fee. Lamontagne says electing Hassan will mean higher taxes.