Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Thu August 21, 2014
'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner Takes To The Big Screen
Writer, director and producer Matthew Weiner has won numerous Emmys for his work on the hit television shows “Mad Men” and “The Sopranos.” Now, for the first time, he’s bringing his talents to the big screen, with the film “Are You Here?” which Weiner wrote and directed.
The movie centers on the close — and bizarre — friendship between two men: Steve, played by Owen Wilson, and Ben, played by Zach Galifianakis. It also stars Amy Poehler and Laura Ramsey.
Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson talks to Matthew Weiner about his new film “Are You Here?”.
- Matthew Weiner, writer, director and producer. He is the creator of the AMC television drama series “Mad Men.” He was also a writer and producer for “The Sopranos,” during the HBO show’s fifth and sixth seasons.